Tropical Cyclones Idai and Kenneth Mozambique - National Situation Report 8
- The second round of the Oral Cholera Vaccination (OCV) has successfully concluded, a coverage of 95% was achieved,
- resulting in 814,081 people vaccinated.
- There are 64 active resettlement sites in cyclone Idai affected provinces, hosting 77,152 individuals.1.
- There continue to exist vulnerabilities in the access to basic health services for population in the resettlement areas.
- Severe acute malnutrition and surveillance of pellagra cases are being reported into the EWARS for Sofala province.
- General, weekly malaria cases reported in Idai affected districts are decreasing, with cumulative 104,850 cases
- registered since 27th March - 28th July 2019.
- The last suspected case of cholera was reported on the 18th June 2019, as of end of Epi Week 30 on the 28th July it has
- been 40 days without new suspected cases.
- Basic health services are still being provided from tents in districts of Ibo, Quissanga, Mucojo and Macomia.
- Provincial Health Directorate Cabo Delgado has identified the worst cyclone affected areas as priority areas for health
- facility service recovery and cholera affected districts of Pemba, Mecúfi and Metuge areas as high-risk to public health.
- Generally, weekly malaria cases in cyclone Kenneth affected districts continue to increase, with cumulative 53,047 cases
- registered as of 28th July.