Our strategies/ interventions
- Assisting countries to develop an MNT plan of action (PoA), outlining their strategies for eliminating MNT.
- Vaccinating pregnant women with tetanus toxoid vaccine; esp. immunizing pregnant mothers with at least two doses of tetanus toxoid vaccine before delivery.
- Identifying high risk districts with low TT2 coverage, low DPT3 coverage and an incidence of neonatal tetanus of more than 1 per 1000 live births and respond with appropriate scale-up of routine immunization activities and mass TT immunization of women of child bearing age.
- Supporting countries to conduct neonatal tetanus surveillance.
- Promoting safe child delivery practices