Third Regional Reproductive Health Task Force meeting
WHAT: Third Regional Reproductive Health Task Force meeting.
WHERE: Sheraton Hotel (Room Jacaranda 1), Harare
WHEN: 4-8 October 2004. The opening session will take place on Monday 4 October with comments by Officials from the Zimbabwe Ministry of Health and Child Welfare and the Director of Programme Management at the WHO Regional Office for Africa, Dr Luis Sambo, among others.
WHO: More than 50 participants comprising partners, Task Force Members and WHO staff members are expected to attend the meeting.
WHY: The general objective of the meeting is to examine mechanisms for the effective implementation, at country level, of the "Road map for accelerating the attainment of the Millennium Development Goals related to maternal and newborn health in Africa." *
The specific objectives of the meeting are to:
- Provide orientation on stepwise implementation of the road map at country level
- Provide guidance on the development of skilled attendance for maternal , newborn and child health services
- Reach consensus on modalities for generating resources for the implementation of the road map at country level
- Report on the progress of the implementation of recommendations of the 2nd Regional Reproductive Health Task Force meeting
* The road map was developed at a meeting in Harare in February 2004. Its objectives are to provide skilled attendance during pregnancy, childbirth and the postnatal period at all levels of the health care delivery system, and to strengthen the capacity of individuals, families and communities to improve maternal and newborn care.
For further information:
|Media contact:||Technical contact:|
Public Information &
Samuel T. Ajibola
Tel: +47 241 39378
E-mail: ajiboilas [at] afro.who.int
Dr Doyin Oluwole
Director, Division of Family and Reproductive Health
Tel: +47 241 39478
E-mail: oluwoled [at] afro.who.int