Zambia WHO Country Office
WHO Zambia - Annual Report 2015
The year 2015 was quite eventful not only for the WHO Country Of ce, but the health sector at large. The WHO Country Of ce celebrated its
Golden Jubilee which highlighted WHO’s contribution to improving health in Zambia and its commitment to supporting the country in addressing current and emerging health challenges. The Regional Director for the WHO African Region, Dr. Matshidiso Moeti who was present in the country during the Golden Jubilee celebration reassured government of WHO’s commitment to strengthening health systems and capacities for responding to emergencies in countries.
Download the report [pdf - 1.86 MB]
- WHO Donates Emergency Medical Supplies to the Ministry of Health Lusaka – 22 May 2017 – In its continued efforts to support the Ministry of Health to deliver efficient health care services to the people of Zambia and to strengthen the capacity to respond to health threats, the WHO Country Office donated emergency medical supplies and assorted medical equipment to the Ministry of Health on 18 May 2017.
- The President of the Republic of Zambia launches the second edition of the National Health Week and expresses government’s determination to continue investing in infrastructure to support healthy living Lusaka, 17 May 2017 – The government of the Republic of Zambia is determined to continue investing in infrastructure to support various sporting activities and healthy living for the population. The President of the Republic of Zambia, His Excellency, Mr. Edgar Chagwa Lungu said this when he officially launched the second edition of the National Health Week in Zambia on 2 May 2017 in Lusaka.
- Zambia launches the National Malaria Elimination Strategic Plan to guide the efforts targeted at the realisation of the vision of a Malaria free Zambia by 2021 Lusaka, 26 April 2017 – On 25 April 2017, which is the World Malaria Day, the government of the Republic of Zambia launched the National Malaria Elimination Strategy 2017-2021 and rebranded the National Malaria Control Centre to be the National Malaria Elimination Centre. The Minister of Health, Honourable Chitalu Chilufya who represented the President of the Republic of Zambia, His Excellency, Mr. Edgar Chagwa Lungu as the guest of honour at the commemoration of the World Malaria Day also launched…
- Government of Zambia calls for increased investment in mental health and integration of services in all primary health care facilities to mark the World Health Day 2017 Lusaka, 13 April 2017 - The government of the Republic of Zambia has called for increased investment in mental health and the integration of services at primary health care facilities in response to the need for people with depression to seek and get help. Speaking at the official launch of the World Health Day 2017 which was commemorated under the theme “Depression, Let’s talk”, the District Commissioner for Ndola District, Mr. Conan Chisulo who was the Guest of Honour stated…
- The World Health Organization Country Office and the Ministry of Health conduct a joint meeting to chart the way forward on accelerating Zambia’s transition towards Universal Health Coverage 2030 Lusaka, 12 April 2017 - The World Health Organization and the Ministry of Health conducted a joint meeting for orientation of senior officials from the Ministry of Health, central hospitals, University Teaching Hospitals, statutory bodies and National Professional Officers from WHO on Universal Health Coverage (UHC). The meeting also served as a forum to chart the way forward on Zambia’s transition towards Universal Health Coverage in line with the target in the Sustainable Development Goals agenda for 2030 and guidelines…